What is my skin type?
There are five types of skin:
As with everything, each skin type has its advantages + disadvantages. So learn to love the skin you're blessed with. Treat it tenderly. Harsh chemicals change the structure of the skin which is fragile + delicate. Once damaged it takes work (+ natural products) to regenerate.
- Normal skin represents well balanced skin + is simple to care for. Although people with normal skin tend to take it for granted + often neglect their skin!
- Sensitive skin is usually reactive. It burns easily in the sun + develops rashes or is prone to break out. The best remedy is to use gentle, truly natural products on your skin. Read the ingredients!
- Dry or mature skin needs lots of moisture. This type of skin sometimes feels tight + may have dry patches. The lack of oil means that dry skin is more prone to premature wrinkles. The best remedy is to keep the moisture up.
- Oily skin describes a skin type with high sebum production. If you have oily skin you'll probably notice some shine on your skin + may experience regular breakouts.
- Combination skin features two different skin types - perhaps both dry and oily on different sections of the face. The oily part is generally in the t-section.
We've made it simple for you... when choosing your moisturiser select the pure essential oils that best suit your skin type.
Please also note that our natural skincare range is designed to work in synergy together. If you choose a natural moisturiser but use a chemical-based cleanser the moisturiser won't be so effective. (Most cleansers are chemical based. Read the ingredients to check.)
For a high performance skincare regime we highly recommend a natural oil cleanser because it feeds the skin instead of stripping it, followed by Sanctia skin hydration, a blend of flower essences + floral waters that lock in valuable moisture + an elixir or face moisturiser to complete your facial nourishment. See ultimate essentials.
Once or twice a week use a 2 in 1 mask/exfoliate to detox + exfoliate + naturally revitalise your skin.